LoneStarCon 3 will be producing a number of publications, both before and at the convention.
Advertising with LoneStarCon 3
LoneStarCon 3 is pleased to offer a range of opportunities to advertisers and sponsors. This includes:
- Advertising in our Souvenir Book
- Exclusive Sponsorship of our Pocket Program
- Advertising in our Hugo Award Ceremony booklet
- Slideshow adverts during the Masquerade and Hugo Award Ceremony pre-shows
- A range of other sponsorship options.
Pricing is tiered for professional, semi-professional and fan organizations and starts from well under $100 for a fan-category Souvenir Book or slideshow advert. Full details, pricing and terms for all of our opportunities can be found in our Advertising Brochure.
LoneStarCon 3 will be producing six Progress Reports in total. The first five of these will be produced in paper format, with PDFs available for those members requesting electronic publications. The final Progress Report will be produced in electronic format only, and will include key information to help members have a trouble-free arrival and start to their stay in Texas.
The latest Progress Report is PR4 which was published on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Electronic copies of each Progress Report can be downloaded by clicking on the links or cover images below.
- Progress Report #0 - distributed at Renovation after winning the bid
- Progress Report #1 - Spring 2012
- Progress Report #2 - Summer 2012
- Progress Report #3 - Winter 2013
- Progress Report #4 - Spring 2013
The covers for Progress Reports 1 to 4 are by renowned fan artist Brad W. Foster, who also designed the convention logo and mascot, "Tony the Star". As you can see, these four covers combine to form a single image. Take a moment to read this article where Brad explains a little more about his ideas.
Our At-Con Publications will include:
- The traditional Worldcon Souvenir Book, a substantial, color publication with features on our Guests, on San Antonio, and on the history of Worldcon.
- A Pocket Program with the detailed convention schedule and descriptions of all program items.
- A commemorative booklet for the Hugo Awards Ceremony.
- A Restaurant Guide full of ideas for the best places to eat during your stay in San Antonio.
- An At-Con Newsletter as well as daily "pink sheets" with information on program changes.